Tambach win overall athletics gold medal
Hosts Tambach amassed 362 points to win the overall title of the Rift Valley Regional Teachers Training Colleges Athletics Championships yesterday.
Mosoriot were runner-up with 349 points, followed by Chesta 261, Kericho 258, Baringo 234 while Madonna were last with 71 points.
Mosoriot won the men's title with 182 points ahead of Tambach 156, Chesta 143, Kericho 124, Moi-Baringo 121 and Madonna 49 points.
Tambach made a comeback in women's championships by winning the title with 206 points followed by Mosoriot 167, Kericho 134, Moi-Baringo 113 and Madonna 22 points.
Kericho and Mosoriot ruled in middle distance races on the final day.
Kimutai Ng'eno of Kericho recorded 56.90 seconds for victory in 400m hurdles, while Cheruiyot Kemboi of Mosoriot was second in 57.71 seconds.
Mosoriot also ruled in men's 1,500m after Darsisus Kimutai won in 4.02 minutes, while Joash Kipyego finished second in 4.07 minutes.
Emily Mwenda clocked 32.08 minutes for victory in the women's 5,000m walk. Joan Chebichi of Kericho, who clocked 32.28 minutes, was second. Brian Wanyonyi won men's 10,000m in a time of 58 minutes.
In relays, Tambach women's team won the 4x100m in 57.00 seconds ahead of Kericho in a time of 57.27 seconds.
In the field events, Nicholas Pyego of Chesta, with a jump of 6.77m, won men's long jump ahead of Nehemiah Koech of Moi-Baringo with 6.60m
Roselyne Janet of Chesta won the women's long jump after recording 4.55m.
- WWE legend is deadSports 19 hours ago
- Manchester City's Silva retires from Spain dutyFootball 13 hours ago
- Golf: Owuor awes Thika as Ndunda rules MachakosGolf 1 day ago
- East Africa Secondary Schools games: Coast team only winner as Kenyans post mixed resultsBasketball 13 hours ago
- Chelsea star: I would have left Chelsea if Conte had remained in charge Football 17 hours ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityFootball 20 hours ago
- Liverpool report Mo Salah to policeFootball 44 minutes ago