Chelsea boss Antonio Conte inching towards exit door as his compatriot ‘warms up’
Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri has taken a huge step towards taking over at Chelsea.
Sarri, 59, has indicated his desire to leave the Serie A club this summer to pave the way for him to take charge at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea have got Sarri at the top of their managerial shortlist as the look to appoint a successor for Antonio Conte who seems certain to leave at the end of the season.
Napoli are now believed to be looking for a successor for Sarri as they expect him to go - and the strong belief in Italy is that he will get the Chelsea job.
Conte’s future is in serious doubt after an unhappy second season as they look in danger of missing out on the top four and, despite reaching the semi final, the FA Cup will not be enough.
The only surprise will be that Chelsea are looking at another Italian boss after a string of fall outs with Chelsea, largely over transfers.
But Juventus boss Max Allegri and former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique have also been on their hit list.
Mirror Sport revealed last week that Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Sarri and he is clearly keen on the chance to move to the Premier League.
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 14 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 7 hours ago
- Golf: Why you should know your ballsGolf 1 day ago
- Kiptanui, Kipkirui lined up for Delhi 121km raceAthletics 7 hours ago
- Makueni beats Kisumu in sitting volleyball tourneySports 1 month ago
- AFC to Gor: Don’t open champagne cork yetFootball 1 month ago