Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- EPL live: Man City host Leicester as they look to go topFootball 1 week ago
- ‘Receiver’: Kenyan volleyball girl booted for dating four men at the same timeGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Fans troll Mo: Salah on the same level as MessiFootball 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United finally win trophy this seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Premier League: Defence the key to Arsenal's top-four bidPremier League 3 weeks ago
- ‘Being rejected by foster family as a teenager fuelled my success’ – De BruyneFootball 1 month ago
- Fourth year student dies celebrating Champions League semi-final goalFootball 1 week ago