Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Guardiola unhappy as City keep pace with Liverpool in Huddersfield winFootball 13 hours ago
- Dispatch from Dar: Tanzania Police preach road safetyFootball 10 hours ago
- Boxer suffers horror cut during undercard of Pacquiao's WBA welterweight title defenceBoxing 15 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 2 days ago
- “It didn’t help the players at all” – Gor Mahia coach Oktay slams Kerr’s tacticsFootball 2 days ago
- Cricket: Swamibapa continue with winning ways in NPCA T20 leagueCricket 10 hours ago
- Huge boost for Chelsea as they land top Juventus strikerGossip & Rumours 4 days ago