Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 4 days ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 8 hours ago
- Bandari urged to play more matchesFootball 5 days ago
- Harambee Stars hoyeee! Leo tunaizimia timu hii yetu sigaretiFootball 2 days ago
- SportPesa Jackpot has been won Sports 7 hours ago
- SportPesa Shield: Sharks coach Muluya eyes Cup glory on SaturdayFootball 5 days ago
- Arsenal FC names Kenya’s Hamisi Mohamed winner of ‘Future Stars’ youth coaching programmeFootball 1 week ago