Kenyan boxer Brian Agina reported missing after Commonwealth Games in Australia
Kenyan boxer Brian Agina has been reported missing after the curtain fell on the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in Australia, sources have revealed.
Agina lost to Pakistan’s Syed Muhammad Asif in the round of 16, where he was representing Kenya in the boxing games. The Ministry of Sports is yet to give a statement on the missing pugilist as the search continues.
Reports indicate that Australian police are on the case and are pursuing the matter to establish his whereabouts.
This comes after 13 athletes drawn from various countries such as Cameroon, Rwanda and Uganda were reported missing from their villages last week.
Australian authorities thereafter sent a warning for the athletes to honour the terms of their visas.
More to follow.
- De Gea sends powerful message to Man United fans about joining Real MadridFootball 1 day ago
- Mama Oliech dies in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Ozil writes to fans, explains why he met Turkish president ErdoganFootball 6 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenyans Indiza and Andersen make the cut at MastersGolf 1 day ago
- Moments of madness cost Kenya 7s World Cup placeRugby 23 hours ago
- Neymar defends his diving for Brazil at World CupWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago