Kenyan boxer Brian Agina reported missing after Commonwealth Games in Australia
Kenyan boxer Brian Agina has been reported missing after the curtain fell on the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in Australia, sources have revealed.
Agina lost to Pakistan’s Syed Muhammad Asif in the round of 16, where he was representing Kenya in the boxing games. The Ministry of Sports is yet to give a statement on the missing pugilist as the search continues.
Reports indicate that Australian police are on the case and are pursuing the matter to establish his whereabouts.
This comes after 13 athletes drawn from various countries such as Cameroon, Rwanda and Uganda were reported missing from their villages last week.
Australian authorities thereafter sent a warning for the athletes to honour the terms of their visas.
More to follow.
- Hockey: Munialo nets twice as Wazalendo bag maximum pointsHockey 22 hours ago
- Afcon qualification campaign back on track after Kenya beats Ethiopia 3-0 Football 1 day ago
- Kenya vs Ethiopia: Moments of tension between police and fans as Nyamweya calls for safetyFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya 3- 0 Ethiopia: Bravo Harambee Stars, you did the country proud Football 1 day ago
- Kenyans throng Kasarani ahead of Kenya vs Ethiopia showdownFootball 1 day ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 4 hours ago
- How each player rated against Ethiopia yesterdayFootball 12 hours ago