Former Chelsea star Michael Essien now on the lookout for a new club
Former Chelsea and Ghana midfielder Michael Essien is currently without a club after parting ways with Indonesian side Persib Bandung.
According to the Sun, 35 year old is now on the lookout for a new club with latest reports indicating that he is likely to join Bali United before the start of the season.
Essien, who in March 2017 took his career to Indonesia, joining Persib Bandung on a one-year contract with an option to extend it by a further year, scored five goals in 29 matches for the club last season.
The President of the club said they had signed too many foreign players and in order to comply with the league policy, the club had to let go of one of their players.
“[Michael] Essien was not among the players we launched because we wanted to fulfil the PSSI regulation of four foreign players in a team," The President of the club, Zainuri Hasyim told the media.
Chelsea bought Essien from Lyon in 2005 for £24million before he went on to play for AC Milan and Panathinaikos.
He won the Champions League, two Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the League Cup during nine years at Stamford Bridge.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 4 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 16 hours ago
- Polo: Lachlan win Ndume title in Gilgil tiesSports 16 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 22 hours ago
- Liverpool are the 'lucky ones' moans MourinhoFootball 1 day ago