Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang discloses reason for frustrating start to life at Arsenal
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang joined Arsenal from Borussia Dortmund in the winter transfer window and made a perfect start at the Emirates with a debut goal in a remarkable 5-1 win over Everton.
The Gabonese striker then went three games without a goal as Arsene Wenger’s side lost successive matches 3-0 to Manchester City, including the Carabao Cup final, plus a 1-0 defeat at Wembley in the north London derby.
He netted in the 2-1 loss at Brighton earlier this month before leading Arsenal to a 3-0 win against Watford on Sunday.
The 28-year-old star cannot play in Europa League after he represented Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League and the Bundesliga side subsequently dropping into the Europe’s second tier.
Aubameyang believes being cap tied has led to a frustrating start to life at Arsenal as he struggles for rhythm due to having a week break between games unlike at Dortmund where he was playing after every three days.
"I am really frustrated because the rules are a bit... I don't know how to say in English but I am disappointed because I can't help my team," he told the Mirror.
"When I was in Dortmund, I was playing every three days but now I play once a week or have a long time between games. It is not easy... that's life. I have to deal with it.
"I didn't play a lot in January so it was difficult to find the rhythm. Now I'm feeling better. I work hard, I work a lot in the last weeks and I am happy because I feel better." He added.
- Manchester United star fumes at team-mates during training Football 7 hours ago
- Suarez’s girlfriend drops hint star is signing for ArsenalGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Ataro among coaches awaiting Telkom callHockey 1 day ago
- “It didn’t help the players at all” – Gor Mahia coach Oktay slams Kerr’s tacticsFootball 5 hours ago
- James Odu Cobra: Gone but not forgottenFootball 9 hours ago
- Snow claims third Safari Tour victoryGolf 1 day ago
- AFC Leopards, shida iko wapi? Football 7 hours ago