Aguero sidelined for two weeks by knee injury
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero will miss Monday's Premier League trip to Stoke due to a knee injury.
However, the Argentine is hopeful of being sidelined for just two weeks, which should see him return in time for City's next fixture at Everton on March 31.
"During yesterday's training I had a discomfort on my left knee," Aguero posted on his official Twitter account.
"The club's doctors told me I'll be back with the team in approximately two weeks. Now it's time for a full recovery!"
Aguero is also a doubt for Argentina's World Cup warm-up friendlies against Italy and Spain on March 23 and 27 respectively.
The 29-year-old's next goal for City will be his 200th for the club having netted 30 times already this season.
Pep Guardiola's men seem destined to land the Premier League title as they hold a 13-point lead and have a game in hand over closest challengers Manchester United.
However, Aguero will have a big part to play if City are to land a first ever Champions League after easing into the quarter-finals for just the second time in the club's history with a 5-2 aggregate win over Basel in the last 16.
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 6 hours ago
- Stadia: Sports facilities offer a glimpse into President Putin’s modernisation agendaWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Brazil held 1-1 by Switzerland in World CupWorld Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Kenyan player signs for European club months after being sacked Football 19 hours ago
- Roberto Carlos tips Premier League star for heroic performance in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Russia coach Cherchesov received phone call from Putin during post-match press conference World Cup 2018 2 days ago