'At least I can say I tried': Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard dumped by actress girlfriend Jena Frumes
Jesse Lingard has been kicked into touch by his actress girlfriend after a whirlwind romance.
Model Jena Frumes appeared to confirm the split this week in a couple of classy Twitter posts.
In the first, the 24-year-old told her 96,000 followers: “At least I can say I tried plus enjoyed the ride.”
She followed it up on Thursday, writing: “I love Jesse to death but sometimes the timing is just off.”
Jena, no stranger to sharing super-glamorous images of herself wearing skimpy bikinis, appears to have since deleted both posts as they no longer visible on her page.
It comes three months after a fan claimed England star Lingard, 25, had cheated on Jena with her after United's 1-2 derby defeat to Manchester City.
Apparently unmoved by the claims, Jena continued to post pictures on Instagram and Twitter, showing her in loved-up poses with Lingard.
The pair first met in the US last year or in 2016 and started dating a few months later. In December, Jena jetted into Manchester from Los Angeles for Lingard's birthday celebrations.
They were also seen on a romantic weekend in Barcelona.
Previously, Jena, who was recently shooting a movie, has been romantically linked to Mariah Carey’s ex-husband Nick Cannon and NFL player Antonio Brown.
Now, it seems she's single again.
A source told the Sun : “Not many women would have stayed around for as long as Jena did after the cheating storm Jesse created.
“But Jena did, and she took a lot of flak from fans for doing so.
“It seems enough is enough and she can no longer put up with it.”
Lingard was a late substitute in United's 2-1 win over Liverpool on Saturday.
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 4 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 51 minutes ago
- Tottenham captain pleads guilty to 'drunk-driving' [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 21 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s epic response after teammates told him Messi is betterFootball 1 week ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 4 hours ago