University Games: Visitors hand Maseno students bitter lessons
Hosts Maseno University received a rude shock into the seventh Kenya University Sports Association (Kusa) national women championship after losing netball and volleyball titles.
In netball, Kenyatta University (KU) beat Maseno University 22-9 as Pwani University soaked Kisii University in 21-11. Mount Kenya University (MKU) silenced Kaimosi University 32-12.
Multimedia University taught Maseno University some volleyball lessons as they thrashed them 3-1 ( 5-25, 25-22, 25-21 and 25-21).
Sandagi Joseph, the Kusa secretary general, said: “We have 30 universities in contention and it coincides with World International Women's Day. We have all the indoor disciplines, swimming, taekwondo, Karate and others.”
St Paul’s University humbled South Eastern Kenya University 3-0 (25-6, 25-17 and 25-9) to chalk up victory.
MKU beat Technical University of Kenya (TUK) 3-0 (25-9, 25-20 and 25-11) as KU entertained University of Eldoret with 3-0 win. They also humiliated University of Nairobi with 25-11, 25-22 and 25-12 win before silencing Jaramogi Oginga of Science and Technology 3-0 (25-13, 25-12 and 25-19).
Maseno School beat United States International University (USIU) 3-0.
In hockey, USIU beat Machakos 1-0, Chuka edged Rongo 1-0, Moi University piped KU 1-0, Rongo overcame Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology with 1-0. [Philip Orwa]
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 8 hours ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 8 hours ago
- Arsenal injury update ahead of West Ham clashPremier League 1 month ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 1 week ago