University Games: Visitors hand Maseno students bitter lessons
Hosts Maseno University received a rude shock into the seventh Kenya University Sports Association (Kusa) national women championship after losing netball and volleyball titles.
In netball, Kenyatta University (KU) beat Maseno University 22-9 as Pwani University soaked Kisii University in 21-11. Mount Kenya University (MKU) silenced Kaimosi University 32-12.
Multimedia University taught Maseno University some volleyball lessons as they thrashed them 3-1 ( 5-25, 25-22, 25-21 and 25-21).
Sandagi Joseph, the Kusa secretary general, said: “We have 30 universities in contention and it coincides with World International Women's Day. We have all the indoor disciplines, swimming, taekwondo, Karate and others.”
St Paul’s University humbled South Eastern Kenya University 3-0 (25-6, 25-17 and 25-9) to chalk up victory.
MKU beat Technical University of Kenya (TUK) 3-0 (25-9, 25-20 and 25-11) as KU entertained University of Eldoret with 3-0 win. They also humiliated University of Nairobi with 25-11, 25-22 and 25-12 win before silencing Jaramogi Oginga of Science and Technology 3-0 (25-13, 25-12 and 25-19).
Maseno School beat United States International University (USIU) 3-0.
In hockey, USIU beat Machakos 1-0, Chuka edged Rongo 1-0, Moi University piped KU 1-0, Rongo overcame Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology with 1-0. [Philip Orwa]
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 10 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery reveals why they were beaten by SouthamptonFootball 12 hours ago
- Gor Mahia banking on Goodison Park experience against NyasaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor inch closer to CAF group stages after beating Nigeria’s Lobi Stars 3-1Football 14 hours ago
- Rugby: Western Bulls, USIU maintain unbeaten record Rugby 10 hours ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 16 hours ago