University Games: Visitors hand Maseno students bitter lessons
Hosts Maseno University received a rude shock into the seventh Kenya University Sports Association (Kusa) national women championship after losing netball and volleyball titles.
In netball, Kenyatta University (KU) beat Maseno University 22-9 as Pwani University soaked Kisii University in 21-11. Mount Kenya University (MKU) silenced Kaimosi University 32-12.
Multimedia University taught Maseno University some volleyball lessons as they thrashed them 3-1 ( 5-25, 25-22, 25-21 and 25-21).
Sandagi Joseph, the Kusa secretary general, said: “We have 30 universities in contention and it coincides with World International Women's Day. We have all the indoor disciplines, swimming, taekwondo, Karate and others.”
St Paul’s University humbled South Eastern Kenya University 3-0 (25-6, 25-17 and 25-9) to chalk up victory.
MKU beat Technical University of Kenya (TUK) 3-0 (25-9, 25-20 and 25-11) as KU entertained University of Eldoret with 3-0 win. They also humiliated University of Nairobi with 25-11, 25-22 and 25-12 win before silencing Jaramogi Oginga of Science and Technology 3-0 (25-13, 25-12 and 25-19).
Maseno School beat United States International University (USIU) 3-0.
In hockey, USIU beat Machakos 1-0, Chuka edged Rongo 1-0, Moi University piped KU 1-0, Rongo overcame Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology with 1-0. [Philip Orwa]
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 15 hours ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 7 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 7 hours ago
- Chelsea star involved in bust-up with Germany team-mate during training sessionWorld Cup 2018 3 weeks ago
- What Pique did after Real Madrid refused Barcelona a guard of honourFootball 1 month ago
- Spain boss faces axe one day to the World CupGossip & Rumours 1 week ago