Leicester City confirms Riyad Mahrez’s Facebook account was hacked
Leicester City have confirmed that Riyad Mahrez Facebook account was hacked and have denied that the winger has retired from football.
A message in Mahrez Facebook account read: “After the last consultation with many doctors, I’ve decided to stay away from football.
“As my time as a football player comes to an end, I would like to say few words.
“I want to thank everybody for the kindness and support they have shown me in this incredible city. You will be always in my heart.”
However, the Foxes insist there is no truth in the post. The post has already been deleted and is no longer available in the Algerian account.
“I can confirm that Riyad’s page was hacked and that the post is not genuine,” Foxes spokesperson told Omnisport.
“We are working with Facebook to have it removed.” He added.
Mahrez’s deadline move to Manchester City failed in January and the 27-year-old was frustrated and even missed Leicester trainings for 10 days.
- De Gea's incredible contract details revealed after he agrees new five-year dealGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Egypt goalkeeper refuses player of the match trophy award due to his Muslim faithWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beautiful but sad story by Lukaku ahead of Tunisia clash in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 1 day ago
- Argentina hope arrival of Messi's wife Roccuzzo can stop him blaming himself for penalty missWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Man United fans want Mourinho to land top target after stellar World Cup displayWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago