Badminton: Barclays bank Nairobi Open trophy
Barclays Bank of Kenya collected 12 points to emerge winners of the Nairobi Open badminton champions at Premier Club over the weekend.
National Bank finished second with 11 points while Bomet county assembly were third on two points.
Other teams that took part in the championships include Laikipia County and Tata Chemicals, who finished fourth and fifth respectively.
In the singles events, Wilkie Kerangori, from Jomo Kenyatta University, beat Peter Mugoh 21-16, 21-16 to win in men’s category.
Theerta Vannemreddy won the ladies’ singles title after beating Shana Patel 21-12, 21-16.
In men’s doubles, John Mburu and Peter Mugoh rallied to beat twin brothers Urjan and Ujval Shah in the final.
In the ladies’ doubles, Theerta Vannemreddy and Shana Patel beat Hoan Cheruto and Karen Kanna to emerge winners.
In the junior event, Boomel Sai won girls’ Under-12 title, while Anouska Tak won in the boys’ category.
- Standard County Classic Series heads to Nyali ClubGolf 7 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 12 hours ago
- Stars set for epic clashAthletics 7 hours ago
- Crested Cranes hit Starlets in Cecafa tieFootball 7 hours ago
- Arsenal ready to sell key player to ChelseaGossip & Rumours 17 hours ago
- Bale's agent discusses chances of Arsenal moveGossip & Rumours 4 weeks ago
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 3 days ago