Boxing: National team in Nakuru for training
The national boxing team will this week report for residential training in Nakuru before jetting out for the Cuba Boxing Championships in Havana on February 28.
Team manager Albert Matito said the team would train at the Madison Square Garden as they wait for the Government's clearance to travel to Havana.
The squad will use the Cuba Championships as a training ground ahead of the Commonwealth Games in Australia.
The Kenyan pugilists will be in the Cuban capital before heading for the Gold Coast Games. The Games are scheduled for April 4-15. [Ben Ahenda]
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 18 hours ago
- Turmoil in Kenya Sevens team campRugby 14 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 1 day ago
- Simba get new kit: Simba's all dressed up for the Africa gold cupRugby 1 hour ago
- Mick Foley wants WWE to make Big Van Vader Hall of FamerSports 6 hours ago