Boxing: National team in Nakuru for training
The national boxing team will this week report for residential training in Nakuru before jetting out for the Cuba Boxing Championships in Havana on February 28.
Team manager Albert Matito said the team would train at the Madison Square Garden as they wait for the Government's clearance to travel to Havana.
The squad will use the Cuba Championships as a training ground ahead of the Commonwealth Games in Australia.
The Kenyan pugilists will be in the Cuban capital before heading for the Gold Coast Games. The Games are scheduled for April 4-15. [Ben Ahenda]
- Malkia Strikers WhatsApp group admin locks out ‘vichwa ngumu’Volleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo will face Manchester United, even after red cardFootball 14 hours ago
- Why status quo must remain in the Premier League this weekendFootball 4 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 9 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 3 hours ago
- Ronaldo’s red card was down to an absurb hallucination – World Cup-winning coachFootball 7 hours ago
- Senior KPL coach and star player in silent war over hot slayqueenFootball 12 hours ago