Basketball: Aga Khan confident of games glory
Coast secondary schools boys’ basketball champions Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa are confident of defending the title when the Term One games starts next Thursday.
Head coach Jimnah Kimani said his boys are in top form and ready to see off their opponents when they participate in the Mvita sub-county games scheduled for Thursday and Friday at Baptist and Khamis school play courts.
Kimani said his aim is to retain the Mvita sub-county, Mombasa County and the Coast region titles for the third year in a row.
“We are out to make our presence felt right from the sub-county to the national level. We have prepared well for the games,” he said.
Kimani said his players got much needed exposure last year in October when they participated in the East Africa Junior basketball tournament in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania where they settled for the second position in the event that attracted 71 teams.
“Our participation at the Tanzanian event was an added advantage as it exposed my boys. I can see a lot of confidence since our return from Tanzania,” added Kimani who steered the team to finish in the fourth and fifth positions in 2016 and 2017 national games.
“We have been in camp since last September and I have moulded a winning side since then. We want to hold on to our titles for three consecutive years,” he said. [Ernest Ndunda]
- Malkia Strikers WhatsApp group admin locks out ‘vichwa ngumu’Volleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo will face Manchester United, even after red cardFootball 14 hours ago
- Why status quo must remain in the Premier League this weekendFootball 4 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 9 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 3 hours ago
- Ronaldo’s red card was down to an absurb hallucination – World Cup-winning coachFootball 7 hours ago
- Senior KPL coach and star player in silent war over hot slayqueenFootball 12 hours ago