Club Games: Kenya will not send a karate team
The Kenya Karate Federation will not field a team for the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia, set for April 4-15.
Instead, the federation has decided to concentrate its efforts on preparing a strong team for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Japan, which is two-and-a-half years away, as opposed to the big games coming in six weeks’ time.
The Kenya Karate Federation president, Enos Muguku, said it had been decided to skip the big games because the athletes were ill-prepared and it made no sense to send a weak team that could not win any medal. [Ben Ahenda]
- Dortmund’s Pulisic not for saleFootball 11 hours ago
- Golf: Ndung’u wins inaugural LSK tournament in Nakuru Golf 1 day ago
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 1 day ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 10 hours ago
- Kite wins Spain cross country, Zakayo finishes secondAthletics 10 hours ago
- Meet Susanna Dinnage – the most powerful woman in footballPremier League 5 days ago
- Equity Bank retain national league titleSports 10 hours ago