Club Games: Kenya will not send a karate team
The Kenya Karate Federation will not field a team for the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia, set for April 4-15.
Instead, the federation has decided to concentrate its efforts on preparing a strong team for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Japan, which is two-and-a-half years away, as opposed to the big games coming in six weeks’ time.
The Kenya Karate Federation president, Enos Muguku, said it had been decided to skip the big games because the athletes were ill-prepared and it made no sense to send a weak team that could not win any medal. [Ben Ahenda]
- No time to smile for Gor: Sofapaka lie in wait for K’Ogalo in Narok today after loss to Rayon SportsFootball 5 hours ago
- Kenyan Premier League: Agwanda is league’s best player for July Football 5 hours ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 5 hours ago
- Golf: Ooko leads 20 golfers in Safari TourGolf 1 day ago
- Brighton beat Manchester United Football 2 days ago
- Friends and family used me for cash! Jackpot winner regrets not saving after blowing millions Sports 1 day ago
- Manchester City thrash Huddersfield 6-1 Football 2 days ago