Arsenal star Lacazette out for six weeks
Arsenal will be without Alexandre Lacazette for their Europa League campaign due to injury.
Lacazette now faces a period of four to six weeks on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on his left knee in London on Tuesday morning.
Lacazette’s injury leaves Welbeck as Gunners’ only available senior striker in the Europa League campaign since Aubameyang is ineligible to play Europa League football for Arsenal because he was registered in Ex club Borussia Dortmund's squad for the knockout stages.
Arsenal said: "The minor procedure was a success and he will now undergo a period of rehabilitation.
"It is envisaged that he will return to the squad within four to six weeks."
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 14 hours ago
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 14 hours ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- World Cup star Luka Modric accepts eight-month prison sentencePremier League 2 days ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 1 week ago