Arsenal star Lacazette out for six weeks
Arsenal will be without Alexandre Lacazette for their Europa League campaign due to injury.
Lacazette now faces a period of four to six weeks on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on his left knee in London on Tuesday morning.
Lacazette’s injury leaves Welbeck as Gunners’ only available senior striker in the Europa League campaign since Aubameyang is ineligible to play Europa League football for Arsenal because he was registered in Ex club Borussia Dortmund's squad for the knockout stages.
Arsenal said: "The minor procedure was a success and he will now undergo a period of rehabilitation.
"It is envisaged that he will return to the squad within four to six weeks."
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Ronaldo targets Champions League glory at new club JuventusFootball 14 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 12 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 12 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Man United first pre-season training session in Los AngelesFootball 2 hours ago
- Patience pays for Kenyan juniors: Under-20 athletes ooze class, lead in global rankingsAthletics 12 hours ago