Polo: Women's team departs for India
National women's polo team departs for India tomorrow for an international tournament from January 17-21 in Imphal, Manipur.
The team is captained by hard-hitter Tiva Gross. Others in the squad, which is searching for glory in the third edition of Manipur Statehood Day Women's Polo Tournament are, Rowena Stichbury, Nikki Barlow, Imogen Voorspuy and Kaila Millar.
Stichbury, who captained Royal Salute in the Davis Cup that ended last weekend at the Nairobi Polo Club, is the only player who was retained from the squad that took part in the inaugural edition in 2016.
Kenya will take part in a series of friendly matches against local clubs and international sides ahead of the polo contest that has attracted over 10 countries including hosts India, United States of America and Australia.
“We are heading there early to gel. Australia and United States are better sides so we need good preparations,” Stichbury said.
- Sweden star threatened, racially abused for costly mistake against GermanyWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Germany rescue World Cup hopes with dramatic win over SwedenWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Lukaku, Hazard power Belgium to brink of World Cup last 16 after a 5-2 romp against TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Argentina star reveals the truth about reports on rift between players and coach SampaoliWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago