Polo: Women's team departs for India
National women's polo team departs for India tomorrow for an international tournament from January 17-21 in Imphal, Manipur.
The team is captained by hard-hitter Tiva Gross. Others in the squad, which is searching for glory in the third edition of Manipur Statehood Day Women's Polo Tournament are, Rowena Stichbury, Nikki Barlow, Imogen Voorspuy and Kaila Millar.
Stichbury, who captained Royal Salute in the Davis Cup that ended last weekend at the Nairobi Polo Club, is the only player who was retained from the squad that took part in the inaugural edition in 2016.
Kenya will take part in a series of friendly matches against local clubs and international sides ahead of the polo contest that has attracted over 10 countries including hosts India, United States of America and Australia.
“We are heading there early to gel. Australia and United States are better sides so we need good preparations,” Stichbury said.
- Chelsea end Man City's unbeaten run with 2-0 winFootball 1 day ago
- Rugby: Masinde Muliro thrash Kitale as Bulls and Kisumu drawRugby 2 hours ago
- Ronaldo attacks Man United after Champions League lossFootball 1 month ago
- Sergio Aguero shows off shock new look ahead of Manchester derbyPremier League 4 weeks ago
- Football legend Pele attacks Lionel MessiFootball 3 days ago
- Kenyan champions K’ogalo face-off with Everton in historic SportPesa Trophy matchFootball 1 month ago
- Teams you should place your bets on this weekendPremier League 2 months ago