Chelsea, Spurs receive transfer boost as Real Madrid star is objected to signing Hazard and Kane
Real Madrid are facing a prospective headache as they weigh into beefing up their squad with Chelsea forward Eden Hazard and Tottenham Hostpurs in-form striker Harry Kane. Spanish media Don Balon has revealed that reports from Santiago Bernabeau are that Cristiano Ronaldo ‘will attempt’ to block such deals should they arise.
The reports further indicate that Ronaldo does not consider signings of such players as the remedy for the declining performance of the La Liga Champions. This happens even after the 3-0 hammering that they were exposed to when Barcelona visited Santiago Bernabeau in the last El Classico fixture.
Ronaldo is viewed as a player who will object any competition for stardom at the Los Blancos squad, and therefore he considers Eden Hazard and Harry Kane as potential threats. He is currently one of the best paid players and one of the richest athletes in the world.
Zinedine Zidane has been reported to be considering signing three players to strengthen his squad after recording disastrous performances dashing their hopes to retain the La Liga premiership.
Zidane has been an admirer of Harry Kane and Eden Hazard, who have been touted as potential replacements for Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale who have been linked with exits. Ronaldo’s unsupportive gesture towards such signings may be good news Chelsea and Tottenham who are expected to be determined to hold onto their top players.Real Madrid sit 14 points behind league leaders Barcelona with a game in hand.
- Kenya loses appeal to play in women's Cup of NationsFootball 1 hour ago
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 11 hours ago
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 11 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 2 days ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 3 days ago
- Thunder strike Equity BankBasketball 1 day ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 3 days ago