Nanu wins Christmas tournament in Nakuru
Rookie Hassanali Nanu wrapped up his 2017 golfing calendar with victory at Christmas golf tournament at Nakuru Golf club on Saturday.
For handicap 16 Nanu, the win offered a befitting style to usher in Christmas festivities after poor run on the fairways this year.
He fired an impressive 23 stableford points on the outward nine as he sunk a birdie, mix of pars and one double bogey to earn 21 stableford points in the inward nines for 44 stableford points –enough to secure him the overall title.
Trevor Hungi, playing off handicap 23, emerged second with 41 (23+18) stableford points. David Bwana, playing off handicap 18, took the overall third prize. He made four pars on the outward nine on the first six holes before closing with a bogey and a double bogey on the last two holes for a 39 (17+22) stableford points.
Youngster Danson Kiragu amassed stableford points to claim the 1st Nine prize with handicap 20 Hunjan Daljit carding 22 stableford points to win the 2nd Nine prize.
- How Eliud Kipchoge’s record has set the stage for faster marathonsAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 2 days ago
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers squad ready to fly Kenyan flag high Volleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 2 days ago
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 2 days ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago