Nanu wins Christmas tournament in Nakuru
Rookie Hassanali Nanu wrapped up his 2017 golfing calendar with victory at Christmas golf tournament at Nakuru Golf club on Saturday.
For handicap 16 Nanu, the win offered a befitting style to usher in Christmas festivities after poor run on the fairways this year.
He fired an impressive 23 stableford points on the outward nine as he sunk a birdie, mix of pars and one double bogey to earn 21 stableford points in the inward nines for 44 stableford points –enough to secure him the overall title.
Trevor Hungi, playing off handicap 23, emerged second with 41 (23+18) stableford points. David Bwana, playing off handicap 18, took the overall third prize. He made four pars on the outward nine on the first six holes before closing with a bogey and a double bogey on the last two holes for a 39 (17+22) stableford points.
Youngster Danson Kiragu amassed stableford points to claim the 1st Nine prize with handicap 20 Hunjan Daljit carding 22 stableford points to win the 2nd Nine prize.
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- All smiles as Kenya breaks winless jinx: Captain Change hails Simbas' fighting spirit, urges teammate to remain focusedRugby 56 minutes ago
- “It might be my last World Cup,” says PogbaWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Isle of Man TT rider Dan Kneen dies after collision with course carSports 3 weeks ago