Reba Matanda takes on debutant Nicole Achieng in a mouthwatering fight
A mouth-watering contest awaits at Pal Pal Gymnasium in Gikomba, Nairobi, tomorrow.Top guns headline the showpiece that is organised by Kenya Professional Boxing Commission (KPBC).
Daniel Wanyonyi, the African Boxing Union (ABU) light heavyweight champion, will take on Mustapha Noor in the super middleweight bout in what is expected to be hair-raising action given the intense rivalry between the two boxers.
On the comeback trail, pugilist Reba Matanda will take on Nicole Achieng in her professional debut in the featherweight contest.
“I have been playing amateur boxing since 2005. I think time has come for me to climb up the ladder. I have prepared well. I am confident of beating Achieng. I have watched her fights severally and now understand some of her tactics,” she said.
Gabriel Ochieng longs for a third win over Joseph Agahonya, who will lock horns in the featherweight category.
“I defeated him in our first meet and won in our second meet on unanimous points’ decision. I now plan for a knock-out in our third contest and stamp my authority in this category,” said Ochieng.
Kiston Botumbe from Congo, who recently knocked-off Anthony Njoroge in his debut in professional boxing, slugs it out with Edward Ochieng in his second light heavyweight contest.
Victor Wesonga, an administration police officer attached to Rapid Deployment Unit, battles for his maiden victory in professional boxing as he ducks it out with Mohammed Nur in the featherweight bout. Wesonga had his first stint in professional boxing last month. He settled for a draw with Emanuel Chivoli.
“I want to improve my performance in professional boxing. I have trained well and I can assure you that Nur will have nowhere to hide in the ring,” said Wesonga. Chivoli is also longing for a first win.
- Ochieng' prepares for life after footballFootball 23 hours ago
- City lawyer Donald Kipkorir publishes opinion on why some athletes go from riches to rags on retirementAthletics 23 hours ago
- Olunga’s new club Kashiwa Reysol fighting hard to avoid relegationFootball 3 hours ago
- Hockey: UOE bag maximum points in city tourHockey 1 day ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 1 day ago
- Athletics: Elite marathoners head to MombasaRugby 23 hours ago
- Champions League: Messi hat-trick fires Barca to victory over PSVFootball 1 hour ago