Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his secret relations with Mohamed Salah
Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has revealed the texts he received from Mohamed Salah during the Egyptian's time at Stamford Bridge.
Salah was recently crowned BBC African Footballer of the Year following a series of incredible displays for Liverpool.
The 25-year-old is thriving at the Reds following his £35million move in the summer and is the Premier League's top scorer with 13 goals.
Salah's current statistics and form are a far cry from his days at Chelsea. The Egypt international struggled to make an impact after signing for the west Londoners in 2013 and was shipped out on loan during his second season.
The winger eventually moved to Roma on a permanent deal.
Drogba rejoined Chelsea in 2014, and spent just half a season with Salah before he was loaned out.
The Chelsea legend believes the difference between then and now is confidence, and revealed his former team-mate used to text him about his form.
"He's unpredictable he can dribble past you easily and he has has got stronger and he can score goals," Drogba told BBC Sport
"There was time when he was texting me, "I don't score, I don't know why". I said "It is just a matter of time and confidence."
"When you have the confidence everything can happen and you can see now that he is scoring goals."
- Find out why Wayne Rooney is facing losses of around Sh700 millionFootball 19 hours ago
- Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titlesTennis 5 hours ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago
- World Cup star Luka Modric accepts eight-month prison sentencePremier League 16 hours ago
- Anthony Martial puts to bed speculation about his departurePremier League 1 month ago
- BOXING: Zarika in thrill of night battleBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Gladys Cherono wins women race at the Berlin MarathonAthletics 6 days ago