Gibson wins Serena crown at Limuru Golf Club
Laureen Gibson fired an impressive 41 stableford points to win the 15th Serena Hotels golf tournament at the par 72 Limuru Golf Club last weekend.
Playing off handicap 15, Gibson carded 19 points in the inward nine and another 22 points in the back nine to chalk up the victory.
In the first nine, she struck a birdie and managed a double bogey on the next three holes. She followed it with two bogeys, two back to back pars, and a double bogey.
Gibson staged a good show on the back nine with seven pars, a double bogey, and then capped with a bogey that bounced her back into contention.
“I’ve had a bad golfing year. I’ve always looked for an opportunity, having participated since its inception in 2002, all with hopes that a day will come when I will be crowned the winner. It has come to pass,” said Gibson.
Handicap 19 Steve Okello amassed 41 stableford points to take the men's prize, denying handicap 10 men second John Muchekehu and Alex Gichuki, handicap 11, a win on countback. Muchekehu and Gichuki, who scored 41 stableford points, returned second and third respectively.
Playing off handicap 18, Grace Kimeria carded 41 stableford points to take the lady winner prize
- Arsenal extend unbeaten run in four-goal thrillerFootball 1 week ago
- Four key Juventus players that could miss Man United clashFootball 1 month ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Mourinho advised to drop Pogba from Liverpool clashFootball 1 day ago
- Valverde heaps praise on Dembele after Frenchman rescues Barcelona Football 2 weeks ago
- Mourinho set to be punished by FA for touchline brawlFootball 1 month ago
- Rio in Kenya! Ferdinand says Man U can stop Liverpool tomorrowFootball 7 hours ago