Gibson wins Serena crown at Limuru Golf Club
Laureen Gibson fired an impressive 41 stableford points to win the 15th Serena Hotels golf tournament at the par 72 Limuru Golf Club last weekend.
Playing off handicap 15, Gibson carded 19 points in the inward nine and another 22 points in the back nine to chalk up the victory.
In the first nine, she struck a birdie and managed a double bogey on the next three holes. She followed it with two bogeys, two back to back pars, and a double bogey.
Gibson staged a good show on the back nine with seven pars, a double bogey, and then capped with a bogey that bounced her back into contention.
“I’ve had a bad golfing year. I’ve always looked for an opportunity, having participated since its inception in 2002, all with hopes that a day will come when I will be crowned the winner. It has come to pass,” said Gibson.
Handicap 19 Steve Okello amassed 41 stableford points to take the men's prize, denying handicap 10 men second John Muchekehu and Alex Gichuki, handicap 11, a win on countback. Muchekehu and Gichuki, who scored 41 stableford points, returned second and third respectively.
Playing off handicap 18, Grace Kimeria carded 41 stableford points to take the lady winner prize
- Salah reportedly considering quitting Egyptian national teamWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Top teams facing early World Cup exit-including two African teamsWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup: Round 16 qualifying rules and probable fixturesWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago