Karate: Stage set for Nakuru Invitation championships
After the conclusion of the Kenya Karate Federation (KKF) events in Malindi over the weekend, action shifts to the Nakuru Invitational Karate Championships at Menengai Social Hall on December 2.
This will be an open competition and invitations have been sent to children, cadets and players who took part in the National Novices and Senior Championships, according to KKF Rift Valley Regional Secretary, Paul Kamau.
Kamau said at least 13 teams had confirmed participation, including Kenya Police Service, Kenya Defence Forces, Kenya Prisons Service and National Youth Service.
Others are Egerton University, Technical University of Kenya and Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology.
“More teams are welcome for the one-day competition, which will be key in exposing different talent across the country," Kamau said. "This will be the last tournament of the season and we will award participants at the event."
Federation President Enos Muguku said they also expected participants from the 47 counties.
“We expect a good representation from the counties but no foreign teams have been invited for the competition,” he said. [Ben Ahenda]
- Redemption moment for K’Ogalo as they host YangaFootball 11 hours ago
- Chelsea and Liverpool locked in transfer battle for Brazilian starGossip & Rumours 1 hour ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 11 hours ago
- Spieth eyes British Open titleGolf 11 hours ago
- Juventus responds to Zidane’s return rumoursGossip & Rumours 1 hour ago
- Chelsea keeper Courtois: Latest news on the best keeper at the World Cup moving to Real MadridFootball 14 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 1 day ago