Kenyans miss podium finish at Delhi Marathon
Two Ethiopians, Birrhanu Legese and his compatriot Alnaz Ayana have pocketed medals in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on Sunday November 19 morning.
Birrhanu crossed the finishing line at 59.46 in a marathon that was held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium after which they won the IAAF Gold Labe road race.
The race featured another Ethiopian debutant, Adamlak Belihu who crossed the line at 59.51. The 19 year old seconded Legese staging an impressive performance as he was followed by American athlete Leonard Korir who finished at 59.52, making history as one of the fastest US competitors in the race.
Kenyans Jorum Okumbo and Geoffrey Kirui came in fifth and sixth finishing at 59.58 and 1:00:04 respectively. Ayana competed in the 10,000 metres race where she won comfortably despite lacking enough experience in the race.
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Patience pays for Kenyan juniors: Under-20 athletes ooze class, lead in global rankingsAthletics 10 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 10 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 10 hours ago
- Kabarak University Half Marathon set to be an annual event Athletics 10 hours ago
- Conor McGregor poses with Russian president Vladimir Putin at World Cup 2018 FinalSports 18 hours ago