Kenyans miss podium finish at Delhi Marathon
Two Ethiopians, Birrhanu Legese and his compatriot Alnaz Ayana have pocketed medals in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on Sunday November 19 morning.
Birrhanu crossed the finishing line at 59.46 in a marathon that was held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium after which they won the IAAF Gold Labe road race.
The race featured another Ethiopian debutant, Adamlak Belihu who crossed the line at 59.51. The 19 year old seconded Legese staging an impressive performance as he was followed by American athlete Leonard Korir who finished at 59.52, making history as one of the fastest US competitors in the race.
Kenyans Jorum Okumbo and Geoffrey Kirui came in fifth and sixth finishing at 59.58 and 1:00:04 respectively. Ayana competed in the 10,000 metres race where she won comfortably despite lacking enough experience in the race.
- Lukaku delivers BAD NEWS to Man Utd fans about leaving, reveals destination Premier League 13 hours ago
- See how Harambee Stars jetted back into the country after barren draw with Ethiopia [Photos] Football 3 days ago
- Manchester United respond to claims they are set for big-money Saudi takeoverFootball 8 hours ago
- Why Kenya can’t drop more pointsFootball 4 days ago
- UEFA Nations League preview: France look to extend unbeaten streak against hapless GermanyFootball 16 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 9 hours ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 1 day ago