Jepkosgey's new record ratified by IAAF
Joyciline Jepkosgei’s world half marathon record has been ratified by the International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF).
The 23-year-old Jepkosgei last month clocked 1:04.51 to win the Valencia Trinidad Alfonso half marathon. This was one second off her own previous world record.
On Wednesday, IAAF confirmed it had ratified the new record.
The Iten-based runner has had a great performance on the track this year. In September, she clocked 29:43 in the 10km race held in Prague making her the first woman to break the 30-minute barrier in this distance.
Jepkosgei has already set her eyes on the 2018 IAAF World Half Marathon scheduled in Valencia on March, 24, 2018.
“Iam looking forward to represent Kenya in Valencia next year. I didn’t make to the trials for world championship, but next year I will be extremely happy to don Kenyans national colors in Valencia once again” Jepkosgei told reporters upon arrival her victory last month.
Meanwhile, Rinidad Alfonso has become the title partner of the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships Valencia .
The Trinidad Alfonso Foundation is supporting the event in which many of the world’s best athletes and thousands of members of the public will run on a fast, unique course with the finishing line in the City of Arts and Sciences.
The official name of the event will, therefore, be the IAAF/Trinidad Alfonso World Half Marathon Championships Valencia 2018 (or its corresponding name in Spanish, IAAF/Trinidad Alfonso Campeonato del Mundo de Media Maratón Valencia 2018).
The Trinidad Alfonso Foundation, a non-profit foundation chaired by Juan Roig, has the aim of promoting values such as a strong work ethic through sports projects that take place in the Valencia region.
- Lukaku delivers BAD NEWS to Man Utd fans about leaving, reveals destination Premier League 14 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 11 hours ago
- FA condemns fans' "unacceptable behaviour" before England v SpainFootball 11 hours ago
- BOXING: Zarika in thrill of night battleBoxing 1 month ago
- Why Kenya can’t drop more pointsFootball 4 days ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 1 day ago
- Rugby: Big show as top guns chase National 7’s overall titleRugby 1 month ago