Nakuru RFC hopeful of 2017 title
Despite their fifth place on the log and bowing out in the quarterfinals of the Sepetuka Sevens, Nakuru RFC believe they still have a realistic chance of winning the National Sevens Circuit title.
Deputy head coach Jotham Owili said it is not yet over for their quest to win the title after so far bagging a total of 56 points from four tournaments, two of which they managed to reach the finals but lost.
Nakuru RFC reached the finals of Driftwood Sevens and Prinsloo Sevens Championships but lost 14-17 to Homeboyz and 29-5 to Kenya Commercial Bank respectively.
They (Nakuru) dropped in the quarterfinals of the Sepetuka Sevens in Eldoret, falling 17-14 to Homeboyz.W
“If you ascertain the points’ difference between the six top teams fighting for the title, you’ll realise it (the title) is still up for grabs by any of them with two legs of the series to go before the conclusion of the circuit,” Owili said.
Some of the top teams are defending champions Homeboyz, Kabras, Impala RFC, Menengai Oilers and Kenya Commercial Bank.
PICTURES: Macron joins French stars in song and dance as emotional Kolinda consoles Croatian players
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Manchester United set to sign Croatia starFootball 10 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 1 day ago