Rugby: Homeboyz fire warning shots in Prinsloo Sevens
National Sevens Circuit champions Homeboyz showed they are ready for the title defence after they thrashed Mombasa RFC 38-0 as the Prinsloo Sevens Championships started yesterday at Nakuru Athletic Club.
Homeboyz stormed off the blocks with gusto running rings around their inferior opponents.
Four tries from Geoffrey Oluoch and another one from Humphery Olama and Brian Songoi as well as conversions from Michael Wanjala was all the Deejays needed for victory. They top pool C that has Strathmore Leo’s and University of Nairobi’s Mean Machine.
Leos beat Mean Machine 22-17 in another match where the two sides fielded national sevens team players.
Hosts Nakuru RFC staged a good show as they humbled top seeds Impala RFC 19-10 in pool A match, which has Nondescripts and Kenyatta University’s Blak Blad.
Nakuru RFC head coach Mitch Ocholla expects a tough contest. “All teams are strong enough and well prepared to win the title. We expect a tough competition from all teams. We are set to take back the title from Homeboyz,” he said.
Nakuru RFC overcome stiff opposition to dismiss Nondescripts 14-10 in their second match to qualify for the knockout stages with a match at hand against Blak Blad.
In their second match, Impala beat Blak Blad 12-7.
However, Blak Blad made a comeback to smash Nondescripts 22-5 in their second match. [Ben Ahenda]
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 43 minutes ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 7 hours ago
- Tottenham boss Pochettino’s sensational rant after defeat to Inter revealedFootball 27 minutes ago
- KPL: Sharks maul limping Leopards in MachakosFootball 8 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 8 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 7 hours ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 8 hours ago