Conte to stay at Chelsea
Chelsea have no intention of allowing Antonio Conte to leave Stamford Bridge — and will back him with a £250million spending spree to prove it.
Manager Conte has clashed with Marina Granovskaia, owner Roman Abramovich’s chief negotiator, as he bids to increase his power-base at the champions after his debut-season title triumph.
Media in his native Italy also suggest he is unhappy about Granovskaia’s unwillingness to meet the high price-tags placed on some of his summer transfer targets.
But Chelsea are set to press ahead with plans to target £50million defender Leonardo Bonucci from Juventus - even though he turned 30 last month.
They are also in advanced negotiations to land £40m midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco.
The Blues are already expected to confirm the arrival of £75million striker Romelu Lukaku from Everton, have another Juve player, left-back Alex Sandro, in their sights — and are prepared to buy more players on top of that quartet.
- Aguero blast Argentina boss Sampaoli after Croatia defeatWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- The number United fans think new signing Fred should be givenGossip & Rumours 10 hours ago
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago