Olympic on a roll: Women's league Four matches to be played in both zones today
KF women’s league enters round four today as Olympic seek to maintain unbeaten run.
Football Kenya Federation women’s premier league enters round four today in both zones with exciting matches lined up.
In Zone A, Mombasa Olympic seek to maintain their winning streak when they entertain rookies Kayole Starlet at Mbaraki Stadium at 3pm.
The Joseph Oyoo-coached side has an upper hand considering they are unbeaten and are on top of the league table while the visitors remain cautious, having posted a 3-0 win over defending champions Thika Queens last weekend.
Starlet coach Joshua Sakwa said they are ready to stage a good show.
“We are going to Mombasa to play and ensure we pick points. Our match against Thika Queens was not good because the referee’s decision dampened the players’ spirits. If the match officials perform their duties as required, the league will be smooth.
“I know Olympic have won all their three matches and this won’t be an easy fixture for us considering we are playing away. But we will do our best. We have trained well and hope to deliver the points,” Sakwa said. Players to watch include Starlet’s captain Christine Ngoizi who has been a pillar in the midfield. Her ball supply has been good and she is expected to continue with her match winning performance in the tie.
On the other hand, Olympic have the 2016 Most Promising Player in Mwanahalima Adam, who has scored in al, the matches this season.
Adam, who is well-known for her speedy striking, has scored four goals for the club and is expected to continue with her scoring exploits today.
In another encounter, Spedag play Thika Queens at Mombasa Sports Club at 3pm.
Queens are yet to lose a match but the tie is crucial for Spedag, who are seeking to bounce back after losing 5-3 to Soccer Queens last weekend.
Makolanders host Soccer Sisters at Camp Toyoyo Grounds at 1pm and will try to make amends after a string of loses. Makolanders picked a point from three matches when they played to 1-1 against Mathare United Women who will host Soccer Queens at MYSA Komarock Grounds at 3pm.
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- UEFA fines European giants after cat stops Champions League matchFootball 2 weeks ago
- Gor look to extend lead: K’Ogalo lead standings with two points, and have three matches at handFootball 1 month ago
- Spain boss faces axe one day to the World CupGossip & Rumours 1 week ago