Manchester United agree deal for midfielder
Manchester United have made their first signing of the summer after agreeing a deal to sign Espanyol’s Arnau Puigmal.
Catalan paper Sport say 16-year-old Puigmal’s representatives had no hesitation in accepting United’s offer, which far exceeded the financial package he receives at Espanyol.
A versatile central midfielder whose impressive physicality belies his young age, Puigmal works effectively at both ends of the pitch and has an eye for goal.
The youngster, who was recently named MVP at the Mediterranean International Cup, was expected to break into Espanyol’s senior side next season but will United’s youth set up, no their first team.
Puigmal moved to Espanyol from Sant Cugat, north west of Barcelona, in 2010.
- BASKETBALL: Kenya defend boys’ under-18 Africa Zone Five titleBasketball 11 hours ago
- Man United and Man City to battle for PSG superstarWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerSports 50 minutes ago
- Sportpesa finally unveils the identity of 31milion mega jackpot winnerWorld Cup 2018 4 days ago
- Shujaa players boycott training ahead of Rugby World CupRugby 2 days ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 2 days ago