Alexis Sanchez heaps praise on his boss Arsene Wenger
Alexis Sanchez heaped praise on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, calling him a "professor" and a football "purist".
The Frenchman, who has been in charge of the north London club for 20 years, has generally enjoyed a successful career at the helm.
This season growing frustrations among a section of the fanbase have come to a head, however, and Wenger has faced much criticism.
His team were slammed after their 10-2 aggregate defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League, and the Gunners were poor in recent defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool.
Prior to their game against the Reds, Sanchez had a falling out with Wenger and was dropped to the bench for the fixture.
The Chilean, who has also stalled on signing a new contract at the club, now appears set to leave the Emirates in the summer, despite patching things up with a handshake.
But that's not to say Sanchez doesn't have the utmost respect for the legendary manager and all that he has achieved at Arsenal, particularly his unbeaten season in charge.
In an interview, Sanchez opens up about Wenger and reveals his feelings for the Frenchman.
"Arsene Wenger is different," explained Sanchez. "He's a purist. He's a professor of football. A professor."
On the Arsenal Invincibles of 2003/04, the Chilean added: "Well, the Invincibles had a positive mentality. They knew that they had to win matches."
- Politicians angry about 'Visit Rwanda' on Arsenal's shirtsFootball 19 hours ago
- Liverpool fans stranded ahead of Champions League finalFootball 20 hours ago
- Soccer officials ferry slay queens and girlfriends on foreign tripGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Liverpool out to topple RealFootball 14 hours ago
- Ulinzi in bid to gun down rivals to reclaim title Football 14 hours ago
- What Beckham asked Zidane to do ahead of Champions League finalFootball 21 hours ago
- Mane paints hometown red by donating 300 Liverpool shirtsFootball 1 day ago