Samir Nasri accuses Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy of cheating
Sevilla midfielder Samir Nasri has accused Jamie Vardy of cheating following his red card in Leicester's Champions League victory.
Nasri was dismissed for a second yellow card in Sevilla's 2-0 last-16 second-leg defeat, as Leicester City reached the quarter-finals on a 3-2aggregate.
Nasri and Vardy clashed in the second half and were booked for butting heads.
But the on-loan Manchester City star believes Vardy's response convinced referee Daniele Orsato to take action.
"For me he's a cheat because if he was a foreign player you, the English press, would be saying he's a cheat," he said.
"They were winning 2-0, play the game like a man. You are not better than us but you are winning 2-0 and will qualify, just play the game."
But England striker Vardy refuted Nasri's allegation, saying: "I'm not a cheat and I never have been. That's all I've got to say on the matter."
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Golf: Veteran defeats 136 golfers in annual tournament in MombasaGolf 12 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beware England! Falcao on fire as Colombia sends Poland homeWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Aguero set for axe as efforts to sack Sampaoli failWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- All smiles as Kenya breaks winless jinx: Captain Change hails Simbas' fighting spirit, urges teammate to remain focusedRugby 12 hours ago