Boys burn dorm after being barred from church service
By Robert Kiplagat
| September 13th 2021
Male students burnt a dormitory at Eor-Ekule Secondary School in Narok East after they were denied a chance to join schoolgirls for a Sunday service.
More than 200 Form One students were forced to spend the night in the cold after their dormitory was razed.
According to school Principal Mary Nkukuu, the boys got angry and started hurling stones within the school compound after they were barred from joining the girls in the church service.
The service was to celebrate the launch of a new music system for the school church.
The institution is a mixed secondary school but with girls and boys having separate compounds.
The protest happened at 11pm on Sunday when the boys regrouped and burnt Loita dormitory whose value is yet to be established.
Area County Police Commander Kizito Mutoro said detectives have been dispatched to the school to probe the arson.
The county police boss said a fire engine from Narok town arrived when the damage had already been done.
“The situation was calmed and arrangements were made for the boys to be accommodated elsewhere as police commenced with their investigations,” said Mutoro.
Area Senator Ledama ole Kina, whose home is few metres from the school, condemned the incident and dressed down the students for their indiscipline.
Malkia Strikers rally to spike DRC after Cameroon blipThe national women’s volleyball team Malkia Strikers on Monday bounced back to winning ways by thrashing the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 3-0 in
Ensure thieves of NHIF billions rot in prisonNHIF’s problem is not lack of funds, rather, inability by those entrusted with the management of funds to use the money prudently.
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja