Covid-19: 38 Kabarnet High School students test positive
By Yvonne Chepkwony | November 15th 2020
While confirming the news, Baringo County Commissioner Henry Wafula said out of 48 students who were tested last week, 38 turned positive.
He said the students have been isolated, and that teachers and non-teaching staff are being tested.
"We have isolated the boys in one dormitory, we have tested teachers and non-teaching staff, and those who are yet to be tested will be tested tomorrow," Wafula said.
Wafula added that the school will not be closed and that no one will be allowed entry in the school apart from health personal.
He said learning will continue as usual as they advocate for Covid-19 protocol to be followed.
This comes after one of the students in the school developed Covid-related complications last week.
The student is reported to have tested positive when he sought medical attention, prompting the school and health worker to conduct contact tracing.
Covid 19 Time Series
Raila, Ruto political clout a factor in 2022 succession
- Narok governorship race hots up as sole female aspirant okayed by elders
- DP defends Russian Jab as PPB affirms it meets safety standards
- Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Trouble in Raila's paradise over BBI changes
By Oscar Obonyo
- Three astronauts return safely to Earth from International Space Station