Ministry of Health takes over Gilgil hospital
By Antony Gitonga | July 4th 2020
The Cabinet has approved plans to take over the Gilgil Mental Hospital from the county government.
The move follows a request by the county government, through the Ministry of Health, to surrender the facility due to financial constraints.
Governor Lee Kinyanjui said the facility that serves hundreds of patients had strained the county's budget.
He said the hospital was second to Nairobi's Mathari Hospital. He praised medics at the facility for taking care of the patients, some of whom had been abandoned by their kin.
Drama as woman storms wedding [PHOTOS]
- High Court judges ignored key issues in ruling on BBI
By Edris Omondi
- Bodies of men allegedly thrown in river recovered
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges
- Lecturer awarded Sh 416,000 for breach of contract