Poachers kill white rhino at Lake Nakuru, chop off horn
By Caroline Chebet | July 1st 2019
A white rhino was on Sunday night killed and horns chopped off at Lake Nakuru National Park.
The white rhino was killed by suspected poachers during a heavy down pour before after which made away with the horns.
A close source, told the Standard that the rhino was killed inside the national park by suspected poachers although none was arrested.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) Assistant Director Central Rift region Mr Aggrey Maumo however denied the claims.
“There is no such incidence but should there be any issue, I will get back,” Mr Maumo said when contacted.
Last year, a 12-year-old young male black rhino was killed at the park.
The incidence occurred months after 145 buffaloes died of anthrax within the park.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
The danger in eating street boiled eggs and kachumbari
- Family and friends lay flowers at spot where Allan Ngugi died
- Samuel Wanjiru: Two women’s account on the death of a man they loved
- Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- Why BBI is a do or die affair for Raila
By Oscar Obonyo
- ODM pushes for Uhuru to endorse Raila's presidency