Two-year-old boy burnt to death as house catches fire
By Gilbert Kimutai
| August 5th 2016
A two-year-old boy was burnt beyond recognition on Wednesday evening after his family's house caught fire in Chebunyo trading centre.
The boy's six-month-old sibling sustained serious injuries and was admitted to Longisa County Referral Hospital.
According to neighbours, the mother locked her sleeping children in the house while she went shopping.
It is suspected that the fire was started by a candle the mother had left alight inside the house.
Chepalungu OCPD Patrick Musyimi said the fire broke out in one of the rooms at about 7.30pm before spreading rapidly to other rooms. He said area residents helped to extinguish the fire and rescue one child.
Kenya army takes over roads to stem terror attacksThe military has been deployed to man areas along Samburu-Isiolo-Meru and Meru-Nanyuki roads to guard against terror attacks.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Man arrested over death of four-month old daughter
- Nakuru woman sues husband over Sh10 million gift from father-in-law
By Daniel Chege
- Kabogo to face Baba Yao, Nyoro in race for governor
- No Kenyan among 18 Africa’s richest people on Forbes
By Brian Okoth
- Woman dies after she and her aunt were raped in Nyandarua
By Fred Kagonye
- Musalia Mudavadi pulled a fast one, the ANC boss’ political advisor says