West Pokot Kodich chief Felix Amendo stoned to death by relative
By Irisheel Shanzu
| December 14th 2015
Kodich Assistant Chief Felix Amendo, was over the weekend stoned to death by his nephew following a family land row. North Pokot Sub-County Commissioner Abdulzack Jaldeza said the suspect and his friends went to the chief's home where an argument arose.
Mr Jaldeza said the suspect, who was drunk, took a huge stone and hit the chief who died from his injuries as he was being rushed to hospital. The chief is said to have had a standing family land row that had persisted for several years.
"Mr Amendo's family has been having land wrangles for some years without a solution. I think that might have contributed to his death," said Jaldeza.
Governor Oparanya to know fate on WednesdayKakamega governor Wycliffe Oparanya will know his fate on Wednesday after Prosecution fail to press charges against him.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Locals want livestock allowed to graze in ADC farm linked to Ruto
- Raila’s grand march to State House begins
- Roads closed for Nairobi Expressway construction reopen from September 30
- Puzzle of dairy cows killed for udders and reproductive parts
- You have no right to complain about high fuel prices, Speaker tells MPs
- Willie Kimani murder: Four police officers have case to answer
By Sara Okuoro