An eight-year-old boy was electrocuted Thursday morning at Mbaruku village in Nakuru County after touching a live wire in their house.
According to his uncle, Joseph Kamau, Maina Mwea touched the live wire on the floor without knowing it had power. Mr Kamau said officers from Kenya Power Company rushed to rescue the young boy who was in a critical condition.
The boy died on reaching the hospital.
Nakuru Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPD) Bernard Kioko said the boy was in critical condition and died on arrival at Saint Mary’s Mission Hospital.