Less is more
As we usher in the festive season, bikini or swimming costumes are now a suitcase staple. CRYSTAL OKUSA give tips on how to pack for the sandy beach
Bikinis or swimming costumes can be worn by any female of whatever body and age as long a you get a cut that flatters your body.
Here are tips on how to wear bikinis confidently:
1. Do not buy swimwear without fitting it. You need to know if it flatters your positive areas and hides your flaws before buying it. Know where you want to show off comfortably and where you are sure should stay under wraps.
2. If unsure of how much you are comfortable exposing, bring along a sarong, see-through tunic or a shawl. These cover-ups will allow you to enjoy wearing your bikini without feeling too exposed.
3. Stop worrying about the cellulites and stretch marks when you are at the beach. These are a part of a chick’s life. Don’t let the muffin-top stop you from feeling hot in that piece of clothing. Take solace in knowing that you are not alone. On holidays, people are busy enjoying themselves and are most likely too busy worrying about their own bulging bellies.
4. The colours you wear really matter too. The brighter the colour, the more conspicuous you become. But if you are the reserved type and you are more comfortable taking a back seat, then stick to dark colours and block bikinis.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
5. Accessorise your swimwear with hats and shades to add more colour at the sandy beach.
BBI Bill sails through in Senate
- Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Intrigues in Senator Isaac Mwaura's axing from Senate
- Why Kenya suspended flights to and from Somalia
- Man charged over false statement to police
- From 295 KCPE marks to an A in KCSE