Vimal Shah Report to be released today
By James Waindi
The much-awaited Vimal Shah report on wrangles in football administration will be released today.
This was announced yesterday by National Olympic Committee chairman, Kipchoge Keino, who is a member of the committee appointed by Sports Minister Professor Helen Sambili last month to find a solution to the persistent football wrangles in the country.
Other members of the committee are Permanent Secretary for Sport and Youth, Kinuthia Murugu, Sports Secretary, Prof Wilson Lang’at and James Gitau Singh from the Attorney General’s Chambers.
Meanwhile, acting Kenya Football Federation chairman, Twaha Mbarak, has questioned the credibility of the Harambee Stars Road to 2010 Board mandated to mobilise funds to enable the national team qualify for next year’s World Cup/Africa Nations Cup. "Some officials in the committee are tainted and cannot be trusted with public money," he said.
"The personalities who are well-known to the public, should first clear their names in previous cases before being entrusted with the Harambee Stars funds," said Mbarak.
Jubilee’s Joseph Githinji wins Muguga ward by-election
- Fugitive cop Caroline Kangogo found dead at her parents’ home
- We believe in God and the hustler nation, says UDA's Njuguna Wanjiku
By Too Jared
- The tight contest that was Kiambaa
By Brian Okoth
- President Uhuru condemns killing of environmentalist Joanna Stuchburry
- Kiambaa contest between Jubilee and UDA tight as results stream in
By Brian Okoth