Vehicles destroyed during protests as DP William Ruto tours Busia
By Nathan Ochunge
| October 23rd 2021
Several vehicles were destroyed on Saturday as a section of youth protested against Deputy President William Ruto's tour of Busia Town.
The youth, who were chanting pro-ODM slogans, attempted to block the DP’s motorcade at Korinda area on the Busia-Kakamega highway.
Motorists, who were plying the route, found themselves in the melee, with several of the vehicles pelted with stones. Pieces of broken window glasses were scattered on the road.
Following the chaos, DP William Ruto rerouted to Nambale Town, where he briefly addressed a roadside gathering.
Anti-riot police, who were on standby, swiftly responded by repulsing the crowd.
The DP and members of his entourage weren’t harmed in the chaos.
Witness in Ruto ICC case at The Hague is missing
- Chief guest Ruto won’t attend Devolution Conference in Makueni
By Brian Okoth
- Judge asks Kinoti to report to prison and serve his sentence
By Paul Ogemba
- Ngirici: Why I regret investing my valuable resources in Ruto, UDA
- Standard Group cartoonist Joshua Nanjero dies
- Governor Mutahi Kahiga to join Raila's two day tour of Nyeri