Photos: Pomp as Kanu endorses Gideon Moi to run for president
By Too Jared
| September 30th 2021
Baringo Senator Gideon Moi has been endorsed by over 3,000 delegates as Kanu's presidential candidate in the 2022 elections.
In a major show of confidence in his leadership, the delegates, who thronged the historic Bomas of Kenya early September 30, unanimously mandated Gideon to make his first stab at the presidency – more than 19 years after the independence party made a challenge for the top seat.
Photos of the delegates and guests, among them ODM leader Raila Odinga and party leaders Kalonzo Musyoka (Wiper) and Musalia Mudavadi (ANC), captured the burst of euphoria surrounding the party’s expected endorsement and the rebirth of Gideon as he seeks to succeed President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Businessman hit with Sh881m fine for youth fund theftMukuria Ngamau was found guilty of conspiring to defraud Sh180.9 million from the Youth Fund in 2015. [Standard]
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Woman bought cake, wrote five-page suicide note before killing self and two children
- Ngirici rebrands campaign vehicles, says Ruto likely to lose
- Major showdowns in Central Rift as former MPs stage comebacks
- List of governors who attended Naivasha meeting in support of Raila presidential bid
- Ruto blames Raila after chaos rock his Jacaranda rally
- Raila, Muriithi and Peter Kenneth hold meeting at Atwoli’s home