No contest: IEBC declares Abdulkadir Haji as Garissa Senator
By Sara Okuoro | April 6th 2021
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has declared Abdulkadir Mohamed Haji as the Senator of Garissa County.
In a Gazette Notice dated April 6, 2021, IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati announced that there was “no contest” and declared Abdulkadir Mohamed Haji “duly elected as the Senator, Garissa County.”
The Garissa by-election had been scheduled for May 18.
Abdul Haji who ran for the senatorial seat on a Jubilee Party ticket was the only candidate in the race.
He replaces his father, the late Yusuf Haji, who died in February this year.
Abdul is famously known for his courage in helping to rescue civilians during the Westgate Mall terror attack.
Malkia Strikers loses against Dominican Republic at the Olympics
By Ben Ahenda
- Mark Otieno suspended hours to 100m dash at Tokyo Olympics
- Kibiwott and Kigen vow to guard Kenya’s steeplechase dominance
- Olympic silver medallist Barshim says Kenya has talent in high jump
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession