Senate to adress impeachment issues
By Boniface Gikandi
| November 22nd 2014
Senate deputy speaker Kembi Gitura is formulating a policy that would save governors from being impeached.
Kembi said many of the issues that have been raised leading to impeachment of governors could have been resolved through round table forums.
Addressing Murang'a county assembly the deputy speaker said it was disheartening that there is no forum to resolve the crises through dialogue.
"The senate is considering proposals on how to remedy this problem and we shall be visiting the county assemblies for consultations," said the senator.
It’s time taxpayers got value for moneyThe easy part—conducting a countrywide biometric registration of civil servants—is over. Let the hard part—matching qualifications and experience of employees with their job assignments and conducting credible investigations to bring the perpetrators to book—begin.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Postmortem reveals how Esther Wambui, whose body was found in suitcase, died
By Kamore Maina
- Matatu rams into Total petrol station, kills attendant, injures another
- Boys to men: Kalenjins living in Australia stick to their tradition
By Edward Kosut
- Judicial officer, Mombasa tycoons drawn into Nyali school land row
- Kenya Power launches smart metres to improve services
- Olekina: Mudavadi’s announcement will have no impact on 2022 polls