Kisii Deputy Governor Maangi arrested
By Eric Abuga | February 15th 2021
Kisii Deputy Governor Joash Maangi has been arrested at Kisii School. He is being held at Kisii Central Police station. The reason for his arrest is yet to be established.
The deputy governor was arrested just moments before Deputy President William Ruto landed at the Kisii School.
Reports indicate the Deputy Governor had gone to receive DP Ruto when he was apprehended at the school.
The Deputy President is now at the Gusii Stadium ahead of the burial of the former Cabinet Minister.
On Sunday ormer Kisii Town Mayor Samuel Omwando alongside an unknown number of youths were arrested and locked up at Kisii police station though it is not clear what they were being held for.
Kisi County Police Commander Jebel Munene could not confirm or deny the arrests.
"This is a presidential function. Nobody will be allowed to cause chaos," he said.
During the 2020 Mashujaa Day National Celebrations held at Gusii Stadium, Omwando was again arrested and was forced to spend three days behind bars.
Why Harold didn’t make it to the Olympics
By Peter Theuri
- It’s a day of ups and downs for Kenya at Olympic Stadium
- No Kenyans in 800m finals as Moraa misses mark in semi-finals
- Omanyala equals national record as he reaches 100m semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession