Priest under probe as Kisii police arrest three people over attempted murder
By Eric Abuga | August 2nd 2020
Police officers in Kisii are holding three people over attempted murder as investigations on the involvement of a Catholic priest gets underway.
The three were arrested Saturday night after the victim made a complaint at Kisii Central Police Station.
The female complaint made the report that people had been hired to kill her. She pointed out that she had evidence that people had been paid to kill her on Saturday evening.
She was to be abducted into a probox and her body dumped at an unknown location.
Police officers using the leads managed to thwart the motive and managed to arrest two male adults aged 46 and 35, all known community policing members.
The third suspect, a female was arrested upon interrogation of the first two suspects.
Police also managed to detain a vehicle that was to be used. The two male suspects admitted to have received part of the payment and the remaining to be cleared upon completion of the mission.
Kisii County Commander Jebel Munene confirmed the arrests. "They will face possible attempted murder charges."
Beyond the call of duty: Kericho nurse who won hearts of many
By Nikko Tanui
- Safari Rally: Traffic to be disrupted in major city roads
- Gang fires several bullets into motorist’s car on Thika Road
By Kamore Maina
- Mt Kenya leaders hold meetings to unite voting bloc
- Sh431m love fraud: Kenyan woman could face up to 30 years in US jail
By Brian Okoth
- Six soldiers who were part of British military exercise in Kenya face dismissal
By Betty Njeru