Nyong’o wants Jaramogi Hospital be made a parasternal
By Kevine Omollo | July 4th 2020
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) will not be taken over by Maseno University, Governor Anyang’ Nyongo (pictured) has clarified.
This follows earlier reports that the county government was working on proposals to get the management and funding of the facility from the county and national governments.
Nyong’o said the intention of his government is to have the western Kenya’s main referral facility turned into a parastatal, which can fund its operations independently.
He said bringing Maseno University on board is aimed at creating a partnership that will improve training on medical courses.
New curfew restrictions to run until May 29, state clarifies
- Mystery of Sh2m ransom note in woman’s murder
- Trans Nzoia children's doctor Arthur Usagi is dead
By Obare Osinde
- Man commits suicide few minutes after accident
- James Mwangi: Being at centre of Covid fight paid off
- Slain KBC journalist Betty Barasa buried in Ngong