National Land Commission wants land grabbed returned to county
By Kassim Adinasi | January 29th 2015
Kisumu, Kenya: The National Land Commission (NLC) has launched operations to reclaim grabbed land belonging to the Migori County Government from dishonest individuals and groups.
Speaking during the swearing in ceremony for seven members of the county land management board, NLC Director Leonard Omulo said the newly formed team is tasked with reclaiming all grabbed public parcels.
"The board is an independent body that shall be tasked to attend to all land cases in the county level in co-ordination with the NLC," he said.
"One of the requirements of reforms in the land sector is an independent body as stipulated in the Constitution. We appeal to the county government to offer full support," Mr Omulpo added.
Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
- Woman: Nigerian man never conned me Sh31m, I gave him the money
- Briton loses custody of his son to Kenya woman
- Murgor’s past cited in Chief Justice interview
By Paul Ogemba
- KCPE stars' dreams and career plans