Kenya ready to roll out special trade zones, says CS Adan Mohamed
By Standard Reporter
| February 2nd 2016
Industry, Investment and Trade Cabinet Secretary Adan Mohamed has assured of Kenya’s readiness to roll out the Special Economic Zones.
Speaking in Naivasha during an inter-governmental forum reviewing draft regulations to govern the country’s Special Economic Zones, Mohamed promised to publish the Special Economic Zones regulations next month.
The Special Economic Zones Act that is now in place has set the pace to accelerate the industrial transformation in our country.
This is being complemented by the ongoing infrastructure projects geared towards making our country a cost-effective manufacturing destination yielding competitive trade products”, said Mohamed.
He added that private sector stakeholders will in the next 2 weeks participate in the validation of the regulations that will be crucial in the enforcement of the new Act.
“We are keen to fast-track the implementation of the SEZ’s to uplift the industrial sector,” said Mohamed.
What killed 17-year-old boy in girls school
- Professionals from three counties back Raila's State House dream
- Raila delivers Sh10m gift to Kigumo hospital after student request
- Raila, BBI team oppose prayer by five professors
- Man admits killing Catholic priest who sodomised him
- Pull down video and apologise, Governor Mutua tells Boniface Mwangi
By Jael Mboga