Four people rescued, several trapped as bridge collapses on Waiyaki Way
By Mireri Junior | June 21st 2021
Rescue operations underway after a bridge under construction along Waiyaki Way partly collapsed this evening trapping several people.
According to witnesses, four people have been rescued and several others still trapped under the soil on James Gichuru-Rironi Road in Westlands where the bridge collapsed.
It was reported that the cut soil on the back collapsed, while the workers were retaining the wall enforcement, and the bridge came down trapping traders who were selling their wares nearby.
“Two people rushed to Eagle Nursing Home Medical and Health in Westlands, but the excavators are still at the scene, we do not know if there are still more people,” a witness told The Standard.
Motorists moving from the city centre into Westlands and from Kangemi towards CBD are stuck in traffic, as a result of the collapse.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession